[TYPO3-core] RFC #16008: A new TypoScript cObject: FLUIDTEMPLATE

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Sat Oct 16 09:11:18 CEST 2010

Hi Benni,

> The fluid template syntax will look like this:
>
> page = PAGE
> page.10 = FLUIDTEMPLATE
> page.10 {
>
>      # the FLUID template, has stdWrap functionality
>      file = fileadmin/mytemplates/mytemplate.html
>
>      # setting a specific partials path, usually it's layouts/ underneath
> the template file
>      partialRootPath = fileadmin/partials/
>
>      # setting a specific layout path, usually it's layouts/ underneath
> the template file
>      layoutRootPath = fileadmin/layouts/
>
>      # setting variables that should be available in
>      # the fluid template
>      variables {
>          mytitle = TEXT
>          mytitle.data = page:title
>      }
> }

Sounds really good. Currently I cannot test it but I'd like to give
already my +1 by reading if the following comments are going to be
reworked while committing as they are not completely written:

+	 * Rendering the cObject, FLUIDTEMPLATE
+	 *   configuration properties are:
+	 *   - file	string+stdWrap	the FLUID template file
+	 *   - extbase.pluginName, extbase.controllerExtensionName,
+	 *   - extbase.controllerName, extbase.controllerActionName
+	 *   - layoutRootPath	filepath+stdWrap	by default,
+	 *   - partialRootPath	filepath+stdWrap	the
+	 *   - variables	array of cObjects, the keys are the variable names in
fluid

Besides this, we had the will to split all those methods in separate
classes. Perhaps we could "initiate" the move with this RFC as the way
to split it (class names, ...) seems to be quite clear, isn't it?

Cheers
Xavier