[TYPO3-core] RFC #15800: Cleanup CSH Code

Benjamin Mack benni at typo3.org
Mon Oct 11 10:57:05 CEST 2010

Hey,

On 10.10.10 22:21, Steffen Kamper wrote:
> instead of DOM query i think the direct call in onclick is more
> performant here.
Well, the point of the cleanup was to get rid of the onclick="" handler
which I wanted to avoid in general. The reason for this is that there is
more to come for the CSH stuff, and I didn't want to duplicate this long
"onclick" line all the time (which, with 300 help icons, is indeed quite
some code... :)".

The reason for that patch (which is flying around on my desktop for
quite some time now) was that I could move forward with getting rid of
the help icon in general and put the "logic" code somewhere else
(showing help when hovering over the title of a TCEforms element :)),
without the onclick just by providing the semantic information to that
element.

So, in terms of what I wanted to achieve with it, your patch actually
takes the one line onclick="", replaces the onclick="" with something
else and creates 80 more lines within notification.js, so I don't see a
huge benefit in what my initial goal was. -1 on that, sorry.

So: What do we do now?

> ps - old and new behaviour is to use the same window for all help
> request. Is this the intention? That prevent open more than one of these
> windows.
Well, I didn't change that behaviour.

All the best,
Benni.