[TYPO3-core] RFC #15799: Bug: Unitialized variables in t3lib

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Sun Oct 10 23:59:10 CEST 2010

Hi Oli,

thanks for the patch.
Some may look harmless, but they can change behaviour, we have to be
careful.

in tceforms_inline i prefer to set the variables instead replacing them
with TRUE/FALSE. I would add a TODO. maybe olly had something in mind
and forgot the setting. if not, TODO can be removed.

pageRenderer is no more needed, i already committed the changes today.

t3lib_stdgraphic - this change is dangerous. As it worked correct before
i thing the adding of space is the wrong one, remove of this line would
change behaviour.

t3lib_fullsearch the init of $out is needed before all the ifs.

t3lib_querygenerator - hoo, what a code .. and all the empty pgpDocs ...
ok, i would change $loopcount++ at the end. It's anyway only used for
check > 0, but the name should count.

t3lib_tcemain - Hot!
You changed currentTable to table, but currentField is wrong too.
This also looks like a serious History bug!

removing "&& count($fieldArray)" - sounds ok, only a guess. This change
behaviour too - was never called before, will be called now! Would like
to here opinion from ws-team here.

$this->log($table ...
changed to
$this->log('', ...
I wouldn't do that, another log which is difficult to identify. Use
'flexFormCallBack' instead $table

With taking the comments into account i'm +1 on reading (leaving tcemain
out and do this in extra RFC). For run test it's not enough for now, so
+0.5 on testing

vg Steffen