[TYPO3-core] RFC #15928: Replace the current if-construct of stdWrap with real functions and make each of them stdWrap aware

JoH asenau info at cybercraft.de
Sun Oct 10 19:39:43 CEST 2010

>>> Attached is Version2 of this patch that takes care of this minor
>>> issue as well as some other superfluous variables.
>>> Additionally it adds preCObject, postCObject, prepend and append to
>>> the functions that should not use nested stdWrap, since they are
>>> using cObjGetSingle.
>
> is there any specific reason why the stdwrap functions don't have a
> visibility keyword?

Just forgot them ;-)
So should it be "public" or "protected"?

> Other than that:
>
> A very light +1 by reading and +1 by testing. Testing means I applied
> the patch to all my test systems around (4 atm) and all of them still
> work :-)

I will provide a testing T3D executing most of the functions at least once together with some basic content elements for the DB stuff.
It will contain some examples for the nested stdWrap functions as well.
Guess this will be ready tomorrow evening.

And I will provide the change in the foreach loop checking for the hooks, that we have been skyping about today as well.

So just wait for v4 and the T3D and then the +1 might gain more weight ;-)

Thx for the feedback

Joey

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian
Xing: http://contact.cybercraft.de