[TYPO3-core] RFC: #12376: typo3temp got filled with thousands of javascript_* files

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Sun Oct 3 10:05:59 CEST 2010

Hi,

On 3-10-2010 3:04, Lars Houmark wrote:
> It seems that this bug have not made much progress, even though it's
> really nasty.

That will happen when the discussion takes place in the bugtracker
instead of the core list...

> Attached is a version 4 of the patch made by Mittwald (see the bug
> tracker for a history of work on the bug). All I did was making the code
> CGL, and review it at the same time. So +1 from me.

I did a debug($this->result) in extProc_init() and all it produced was a
list of wraps (allWrap and ATagParams). I don't think this is enough to
base the uniqueness of the js file on.

So -1 for now.

I've noticed more bug reports about "temporary" files depending on
certain content. It looks like it has been used as a caching mechanism.
One essential part of a cache to me is garbage collection. This file
based mechanism lacks garbage collection. I'd rather see a more generic
solution for these "temporary" files, preferably including garbage
collection to prevent flooding the file system with unused files.

--
Kind regards / met vriendelijke groet,

Jigal van Hemert
skype:jigal.van.hemert