[TYPO3-core] RFC #5918: Bug: No language overlay with TS select on table pages

Fabrizio Branca news at _REMOVETHIS_fabrizio-branca.de
Fri Nov 19 11:50:05 CET 2010

On 19.11.2010 11:26, Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] wrote:
> if (!$TCA[$table]['ctrl']['transOrigPointerTable']) {
>    // Will not be able to work with other tables (Just didn't implement
> it yet; Requires a scan over all tables [ctrl] part for first FIND the
> table that carries localization information for this table (which could
> even be more than a single table) and then use that. Could be
> implemented, but obviously takes a little more....)

Of course this might be the perfect solution, but is it worth to put
energy into it?

If this the only place that prevents other tables from using this concept?

Would anybody then use this translation concept?

What happens if two tables point to the same table in that field?

Would we than change getPageOverlay() to call getRecordOverlay()
internally?
Will we ever achieve to have getRecordOverlay() with an external
transOrigPointerTable to behave (incl. hooks) exactly like
getPageOverlay()?
Or would we still have two ways two fetch an overlay for a page?

As pages is the only table to use this and the spotted place seems one
of the last places that does not consider pages, wouldn't it be easier -
at least for now - to fix this as suggested (by having a condition on
the table in the CONTENT cObj)?

Bye,

Fabrizio