[TYPO3-core] RFC #5918: Bug: No language overlay with TS select on table pages

Fabrizio Branca news at _REMOVETHIS_fabrizio-branca.de
Fri Nov 19 11:22:46 CET 2010

On 19.11.2010 09:30, Mathias Schreiber [wmdb >] wrote:
> Use HMENU instead of CONTENT?

HMENU is not as flexible as CONTENT in some respects. E.g. it does not
allow any stdWrap on something like where/andWhere.

> Still, the check won't hurt, but I'd like the hardcoded "pages" to be an
> configurable value, in case you want to overlay other records with a
> different table as well.
>
> Something like $foreignTableOverlayIdent = 'pages, tx_myExt, tx_yourext';

"pages" is the only table that keeps its overlays in a separate table
and as far as I know this is hardcoded in many other places so that even
if you wanted to you could not choose to use overlays in a separate
table within your extension.

Take a look into t3lib_pageSelect::getPageOverlay() and you'll see that
this is hardcoded to work with 'pages_language_overlay' only.
I don't see a problem in having the switch like it is now.

Bye and have a nice day,

Fabrizio