[TYPO3-core] RFC: feature #16371: support for mysql_fetch_object to retreive a record as a model object

Lieuwe Hummel l.hummel at drecomm.nl
Mon Nov 15 15:45:34 CET 2010

On 15-11-2010 15:28, Jigal van Hemert wrote:

> AFAIK Xavier had plans to use as many prepared statements as possible in
> the core (don't know when that will be done).
> t3lib_db_PreparedStatement::fetch() doesn't support FETCH_OBJ or
> FETCH_CLASS (yet).

I had q quick look at the code, and could not find it yet. I could
provide a patch for class t3lib_db_PreparedStatement as well

> IMO we also should be absolutely sure that DBAL can support this option
> in all supported DBMSs. Don't know how to handle this during Xaviers
> vacation.

I checked the PHP manual for this, and there is a *_fetch_object
function for the supported DBMSs

> I'm also not quite sure about a use case for this feature (don't think
> we add features just because we can).

Agreed, but this function allows for example for improved handling of
model classes. I don't think this function is one like 'just we can'

Lieuwe