[TYPO3-core] RFC: feature #16371: support for mysql_fetch_object to retreive a record as a model object

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Mon Nov 15 15:28:18 CET 2010

On 15-11-2010 11:58, Lieuwe Hummel wrote:
> Problem:
> The current database API does not utilize the PHP function to retreive a
> record as a model object. The attached patch implements a
> t3lib_db->sql_fetch_object() method, which will allow for this
> functionality.

AFAIK Xavier had plans to use as many prepared statements as possible in
the core (don't know when that will be done).
t3lib_db_PreparedStatement::fetch() doesn't support FETCH_OBJ or
FETCH_CLASS (yet).

IMO we also should be absolutely sure that DBAL can support this option
in all supported DBMSs. Don't know how to handle this during Xaviers
vacation.

I'm also not quite sure about a use case for this feature (don't think
we add features just because we can).

--
Kind regards / met vriendelijke groet,

Jigal van Hemert