[TYPO3-core] RFC #16376: Feature: New TYPO3_DB method for select queries that fetch data from up to 3 tables based on RDF like triples

Marcus Krause marcus#exp2010 at t3sec.info
Sat Nov 13 22:12:19 CET 2010

Hi!

JoH asenau schrieb am 11/13/2010 07:07 PM Uhr:

> Solution:
> Attached patch introduces the new TYPO3_DB method
>
> exec_SELECTgetRowsByTriple

Although I can understand that you want to have an easy to use API
method for SCOTTY, such method does not fit in t3lib_db at all.

This means explicitly a -1 from me on this feature!

Why that:

take e.g. the method name:
"exec_SELECTgetRowsByTriple"

Term "Triple" is not defined in database management system context.

IMHO, a general rule might be:
t3lib_db contains wrapper on methods that are provided by PHP's
mysql/mysqli extensions. Terms "Triple" and "RDF" do not appear in this
methods.

If you want an abstraction for SCOTTY, you should provide such method on
a higher architecture level!

Marcus.