[TYPO3-core] RFC #16369: Add "edit end token" to allow custom post configuration in localconf.php

Steffen Müller typo3 at t3node.com
Fri Nov 12 18:01:20 CET 2010

Hi.

This is a SVN patch request.

Type: feature

Bugtracker reference: http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=16369

Branches: trunk

Problem:

"INSTALL SCRIPT EDIT POINT TOKEN" limits the range in localconf.php
which is handled by class t3lib_install. Configuration ABOVE this token
is not touched by t3lib_install.

In some deployment cases it is useful to have some configuration BELOW
this range, which is also not touched by t3lib_install. (e.g. to
override config before extensions are loaded).
Details and use cases have already been discussed in TYPO3-dev
newsgroup:
http://lists.typo3.org/pipermail/typo3-dev/2010-October/041857.html

Solution:

Add handling of an end token, which permits class t3lib_install to
edit/add stiff below this token.

I tested this successfully with 4.5alpha3 introduction package and blank
dummy package.

Since introduction package does not completely use the API of
t3lib_install, I added a second patch to preserve compatibility.

We could also think about adding this end token in localconf.php of
dummy and introduction package.

P.S. Please don't blame me for the smelly code. t3lib_install is a
hassle. :)

--
cheers,
Steffen