[TYPO3-core] RFC: #16315: New extension manager part 1: splitting classes

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Thu Nov 11 10:27:38 CET 2010

Hi Ernesto,

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] schrieb:
> Hi Steffen,
>
> Steffen Kamper schrieb am 11.11.2010 09:35:
>
>> here is a new patch which
>> * fixes things Xavier mentioned
>> * fixed definition of task
>> * fixed an issue with updating em_conf
>>
>> Ernesto, before you do please have a look so that there is no double
>> work, maybe your findings are already solved with this patch.
>
> Thanks, mostly it is the case. I have noted that you unindented many
> "//" comments that used to be indented. But that extra indention is
> currently our CGL rule, so consider moving them back before committing.

yes, i CGLed automatic, and there is no way to tell phpStorm to ident
comments our way. Quite a lot of work to ident them all manually.

> Also reviewing this patch without having a clear insight on what exactly
> was done is pretty difficult, especially since methods and functions
> have been moved around files. This is difficult to spot by reading the
> patch.
>
> For example this diff was helpful:
>
> OLD: typo3/sysext/em/mod1/class.em_index.php
> NEW: typo3/sysext/em/classes/index.php
>
> But then, why is the "old EM" moved to the refactored
> "classes/index.php" when it is full blown still available in
> mod1/class.em_index.php? I understand this is an intermediate step, but
> then I would also have deleted mod1 completely, else this intermediate
> step makes no sense.

mod1 is completely removed here, seems that the patch doesn't reflect it.

> Or even better, would have been refactor the "old module"
> mod1/class.em_index.php in place to use the new classes.
>
> Anyway, it works as far as I could test, the CGL and refactoring seem
> not to have broken anything, and the new classes-layout appears to make
> sense. Without seeing the "new EM" it is difficult to judge it further,
> so I would +1 by reading and testing to get this one going so that we
> have time to look also at the "new EM". :)
>
> Thanks for the enormous amount of time and work put into this project!

yeah - really time consuming :)
For the moment it's more important that all works in the old modules as
before as a sign that the refactor was successful. many things make more
sense when part2 is coming, eg the cache_extension table is extended by
one field (repository) and a new repository table is added.

vg Steffen