[TYPO3-core] RFC #16318: Enable FlashMessages to fade out after delay

Helmut Hummel helmut at typo3.org
Thu Nov 11 09:10:28 CET 2010

Hi Ingo,

On 10.11.10 20:16, Ingo Renner wrote:

> However, here's what I had in mind:
> Fading flash messages out would only be possible for messages with
> severity "OK" or below, not for "Warning" and "Error" though, these must
> not be missed by a user.

I agree. This would force us to use flash message more consistently. Be
aware that currently quite some messages in the backend (escpecially
notices) are used just as a "nice formatted" information text. E.g. In
the EM there is quite a long flash message notice that must then be
convertet to something diferent, because this information _must_ stay on
the screen and since it is a lot of text it simply cannot be read before
it disappears.

In the install tool headers in all configuration are in flash message
notice style ... many more places that need to be cleaned up

So doing it this like you suggested seems easy, but needs a rethinking
on how flash messages are currently used throughout TYPO3 which I guess
is quite some work. Still I like your suggestion and looking forward for
your patch :)

Regards Helmut