[TYPO3-core] RFC #16318: Enable FlashMessages to fade out after delay

Ingo Renner ingo at typo3.org
Thu Nov 11 08:13:19 CET 2010

Steffen Gebert wrote:

Hi Steffen,

>> Another reason for inconsistent behavior would be old code
>> which hasn't been updated to use the new API calls.
> Which new API calls?

As I wrote, I haven't looked at the patch yet, I only read something about

"Solution:
This change introduces two new methods for t3lib_FlashMessage:
* setDisappear()
* setDisappearDelay()"

these aren't needed IMO...

>> Does that make sense to you, too? If you do, I'D be happy helping out
>> changing it that way...
> Sorry, I don't understand, what you want to tell me - what do you want
> to change? Only allow severity OK to be able to disappear or more things?
>
> Should I commit? (above mentioned behavior should be changed on JS side).

not yet please, let me see what I can up with first (please give me up
to 48h or so ;) )

all the best
Ingo

--