[TYPO3-core] RFC #16308: Bug: have editIcons replace null with empty array

Daniel Müller - Team Webdesign und Systemadmini Daniel Müller - Team Webdesign und Systemadmini
Mon Nov 8 22:37:55 CET 2010

This is an SVN patch request.

Type: Bugfix

Bugtracker references:
http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=16308

Branches:
TYPO3_4-4 & stable

Problem:
It seems possible to set $conf to null via typoscript. When using
frontend-editing this will break the page for the user editing.

Solution:
Do not let t3lib_frontendedit::displayEditIcons() assume $conf to be
an array or convert a value of null to an empty array beforehand in
editIcons (class.tslib_content.php). The fix is pretty much
straightforward and should not break anything.

Notes:
I am sorry I can't provide the typoscript to reproduce this problem,
but I noticed there are many function that check is_array($conf)
before doing anything. I think tslib_cObj::editIcons() is another
candidate to do this. I already noticed this in 4.3.3: http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=15194

Greetings, Daniel