[TYPO3-core] RFC: #16291: FE classes TSpagegen and FE_LoadDBgroup are not following naming conventions

Sebastian Fischer typo3 at evoweb.de
Sun Nov 7 17:56:44 CET 2010

Am 07.11.2010 14:10, schrieb Steffen Kamper:
> Hi,
>
> this is a SVN patch request.
>
> Type: Bugfix
>
> BT Reference: http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=16291
>
> Branches: trunk
>
> These classes are part of extension cms and should follow naming
> convention.
>
> Rename
> TSpagegen in tslib_pageGeneration
> FE_LoadDBgroup in tslib_frontendLoadDbGroup
>
> vg Steffen

+1 by reading with one comment. Using self::* is fine but has one point
to take into concern. By extending the class its not possible to
overwrite the taken method or attribute.

If we would have PHP 5.3 as lowest version static::* could be used,
which implements late static binding.

Would it be reasonable to raise the requirements for the LTS to 5.3.x?

Beside that good idea to clean this mess up.

Greetings
Sebastian