[TYPO3-core] RFC: #16291: FE classes TSpagegen and FE_LoadDBgroup are not following naming conventions

Steffen Gebert steffen at steffen-gebert.de
Sun Nov 7 17:03:09 CET 2010

> BT Reference: http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=16291
>
> Branches: trunk
>
> These classes are part of extension cms and should follow naming
> convention.
>
> Rename
> TSpagegen in tslib_pageGeneration
> FE_LoadDBgroup in tslib_frontendLoadDbGroup

* Why not tslib_PageGeneration? Is the naming convention different from
t3lib? it's also t3lib_PageRenderer.

* While putting fingers on it, I would place class tslib_pageGeneration
into class.tslib_pagegeneration.php (instead of _pagegen.php).
Think it was your intention, while putting this into ext_autoload:
> 'tslib_pagegeneration' => PATH_tslib . 'class.tslib_pagegeneration.php',
> 'tslib_frontendloaddbgroup' => PATH_tslib . 'class.tslib_pagegeneration.php',
Why not move tslib_frontendloaddbgroup also into its own file?

* Where's the compatiblity layer?
Calls to TSpagegen will fail.

Attached a patch, which moves the class to
class.tslib_pagegeneration.php and keeps TSpagegen as a wrapper (logging
to deprecation log).

Kind regards
Steffen

--