[TYPO3-core] RFC #13750: Bug: Several GIFBUILDER features broken for IM4, IM6 and GM

Joerg Wagner [DigiLog] lists.typo3.org at digilog.de
Thu Nov 4 23:18:51 CET 2010

Jigal, please! Don't make things even more complicated by cross
referencing another bug now. I am about to blow a gasket!

I understand and support the argument of Steffen that this thread is so
complicated now that it is hard to get to the bottom of it all.
I have therefore added a statement to the bug tracker that does
hopefully and finally clear up all uncertainties and especially answers
the objection of Steffen concerning Safe-Mode and parameters of the form
"path/filename.gif"[0]

The bottom line is:  The behavior on Linux is not changed with or
without Safe-Mode.

I copy my bugtracker statement below.

Cheers, Jörg.

----- SNIP -----
http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=13750

some points clear here, so hopefully we can get this ironed out very soon:

1. My patch alters the behavior under Linux in only one detail:
With the original function, params that are quoted and do NOT contain
spaces were WRONGLY joint with the next param:
t3lib_div::unQuoteFilenames('aaa bbb "ccc" "ddd" "eee"')
: array =
   0: string = "aaa"
   1: string = "bbb"
   2: string = "\"ccc\" \"ddd\"" <--WRONG!
   3: string = "\"eee\""
This has been corrected. But this improvement can be easily taken out if
you insist on not altering the Linux behavior at all.

2. BESIDE THAT THE BEHAVIOR ON LINUX IS NOT CHANGED BY THE PATCH.

3. The only additional functionality is that with the patch the function
works an single quotes too. The original works on double quotes only,
which makes it fail on Windows. (Single quotes on the other hand do not
occur under Linux.)

4. The whole discussion about parameters of the form
"path/filename.gif"[0]
does only affect the testcases presented by Georg. The behavior of the
function towards this kind of parameter is NOT changed.
Actually this kind of parameter is WRONGLY (!) treated by the function
WITH and WITHOUT the patch. No change here!

Please have a look at the patch. It is small and not difficult to
understand.