[TYPO3-core] RFC #13750: Bug: Several GIFBUILDER features broken for IM4, IM6 and GM

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Tue Nov 2 19:50:11 CET 2010

On 2-11-2010 12:33, Steffen Kamper wrote:
> Steffen Gebert schrieb:
>> On 02.11.10 11:52, Joerg Wagner [DigiLog] wrote:
>>> Looks like nothing has happened on this front over the last three (!)
>>> bug days.
>>>
>>> I don't wan't to be annoying (well - in fact I want it a bit ;) but let
>>> me remind you that TYPO3 is currently defunct in one of its core
>>> functions when running on Windows servers.
>>>
>>> A patch is available that fixes this problem without affecting any other
>>> functions and without changing the behavior on Linux systems.
>>
>> IIRC my outcome was that there's no way to fix it on all systems, as
>> the patch also breaks something (safe_mode? don't remember exactly).

The patch worked everywhere except *nix with safe_mode on.

Attached is version 4 with a safe_mode check, but this is completely
untested since I have no *nix installation with safe_mode active.

Another challenge is that for the method wrapFileName() another patch is
pending in this list (#12661) which still lacks a vote after two reminders.
I tried to make it somewhat compatible with #12661 to make it easier to
combine the two in the end.

--
Kind regards / met vriendelijke groet,

Jigal van Hemert