[TYPO3-core] RFC: Feature #14383: Integrate hooks to backend.php to perform several customizations

Oliver Hader oliver at typo3.org
Sun May 30 16:25:29 CEST 2010

Hi Susanne,

Am 28.05.10 19:25, schrieb Susanne Moog:
> I like the patch a lot, only thing I'd like to ask is: The executeHook
> method is now general enough that it can theoretically be used from
> everywhere - if we'd use something like this->scriptName for the global
> hook identifier:
>
> $options =& $GLOBALS['TYPO3_CONF_VARS']['SC_OPTIONS'][$this->scriptName];
>
> We would then just need a standardized way to define which hook
> identifiers are available per script.
>
> (just wanted to point this out before we start copying the executeHook()
> method from class to class)

Thanks for your review and your comments. I was also thinking about a
general global hook handler. However, we still would need additional
functionality there for the three types of hooks we have in the core:
* hook function is explicitly defined (like e.g. this one)
* hook object is defined and methods are fixed (like in t3lib_TCEmain)
* hook object must implement an accordant interface

Currently I don't have a good idea how to achieve this with one single
strike, however that would be a "nice to have" with TYPO3 4.5.

olly
--
Oliver Hader
TYPO3 v4 Core Team Leader