[TYPO3-core] RFC #14490: New Backend design

Steffen Gebert steffen at steffen-gebert.de
Fri May 28 19:46:45 CEST 2010

Hi,

> Can you tell me where to find these new visual features?
> Currently the new design is looking quite good but very CSS2 to me,
> except
> some very small rounded corners for the tab-menu.
inputs in loginbox have shadow
user settings tab-box have background-gradient
buttons have background gradient

> And IMHO it's a no go to have 3 different ways of CSS3 styling for just
> one
> feature.
> box-shadow: 0px 1px 3px rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3);
> -moz-box-shadow: 0px 1px 3px rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3);
> -webkit-box-shadow: 0px 1px 3px rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3);
>
> Sorry guys, but this clearly shows that CSS3 is still far from being a
> "standard" and I still vote against it's use in a the backend.
We also could extract them to browser-specific CSS files. OTOH we already
have filter for IE in our CSS ;)

> that would enable these features for any skin. So the designers could do
> all
> the fancy CSS3 stuff, while the JS would take care to port it back
> whenever
> possible. Additionally it could take care of the -moz and -webkit stuff
> as
> well, so that the skin designer just has to write box-shadow,
> while -moz-box-shadow AND -webkit-box-shadow would be magically applied.

This wouldn't work, neither with JS nor with PHP. E.g. syntax between CSS3
standard/mozilla and the webkit implementation is different.
Except we would parse them and so on.. sounds not too easy :)

Steffen