[TYPO3-core] RFC #14028: Code cleanup: Cleanup: class.t3lib_userauthgroup.php

Oliver Klee typo3-german-02 at oliverklee.de
Fri May 28 19:41:52 CEST 2010

Hi,

Am 22.05.2010 21:38, schrieb Benjamin Mack:
> I see that you introduced $returnValues for most of the functions
> instead of early returns. However, these have *huge* side effects!

I agree. This patch needs to get reworked.

I'd really prefer

1. a code formatting patch without any functional changes, and (after
that has been reviewed and checked in),
2. functional changes like less early returns (then with unit tests)

By the way, early returns *are* okay as long as they're guard clauses
(dealing with special cases at the beginning of the function) *and* if
they improve code readability.

Oli
--
Certified TYPO3 Integrator | TYPO3 Security Team Member