[TYPO3-core] RFC #14490: New Backend design

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry.dulepov at gmail.com
Thu May 27 16:13:33 CEST 2010

Hi!

Steffen Gebert wrote:
> Dmitry, I respect you and the work you did for TYPO3. But I kindly ask
> you - after deciding "to go" - to not always complain about so many
> things which go wrong in your eyes, without trying to help out.

I do not complain, I actually try to help. Helping does not always mean
coding. Saying "yes" to everything is not help. It often takes more courage
to say "no" than "yes" because saying "no" makes people to be outsiders.

I use TYPO3 and I want it to be good. That often means being critical. If
you do *any* work, you have to accept criticism because criticism is
usually meant to improve the product.

In this particular case, personally I do not care about MSIE because I use
Safari. But I care about users, who still use MSIE. We can't drop them.

I know from my experience that we simply can't postpone anything because it
will never be done properly afterwards. Needs examples? Have a look at
workspaces. They are still not what they should be. I do not want the same
to happen to UI. Who knows, may be you'll be gone in 2 weeks and who will
finish the postponed task? Nobody. So do it properly from the first time.
Either do it completely, or do not do it. We do not need yet another
"workspaces" but for UI.

Am I wrong?

> Please respect the motivation of the devs who didn't decide "to go", yet.

I did not "go" yet. If you look to this list, you will find that I try to
improve areas that nobody wants to touch (for example, indexed search). And
I do respect you and other devs but I do not want any holes in TYPO3. We
had regression and each and every version for a year. I do not want any
more of them because it kills TYPO3 reputation.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 expert / TYPO3 core&security teams member