[TYPO3-core] RFC #14490: New Backend design

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Thu May 27 14:59:43 CEST 2010

Steffen Gebert wrote:
> Am 27.05.2010, 13:02 Uhr, schrieb Dmitry Dulepov
> <dmitry.dulepov at gmail.com>:
>
>> JoH asenau wrote:
>>> I think we all
>>> agree that the TYPO3 BE needs a bit more than just a small face lift
>>
>> +1
>
> Yes, for sure. If more people would contribute instead of only yelling,
> we would be way better already.
> What about modernbe as UXW result? Why is this not in core? I had to do
> some of this now myself.

Not as criticism directed to you, but: where can I find anything about
that mysterious "modernBE"? I googled for typo3+uxw+modernbe and this
resulted in 2 (two!) hits on typo3blogger.de...

After the UXW in 2009 there were enthusiastic reports about the great
results. In the TemplaVoilà-list some people thought that the tag icons
had strange colours, so I thought about matching them more with the
colour palette of the new BE design. I couldn't find anything, so I
asked around and everybody pointed to Jens. He hasn't replied my
questions yet.

Some time ago it was announced that the next beta was a bit delayed
because there was still work to be done for the design changes, etc. I
had to *ask* if there was anything that others could help with!

As long as there is nothing published (in a scrappy, preliminary form is
also great), no projects are started where someone can help, as long as
no help is requested and these projects are kept in a small circle most
people will do nothing.

Remember the discussion about FLOW3 and TYPO3v5 some time ago? The key
there was also that a lack of communication is killing in community
projects.

--
Jigal van Hemert
skype:jigal.van.hemert