[TYPO3-core] RFC #14490: New Backend design

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry.dulepov at gmail.com
Thu May 27 10:13:09 CEST 2010

Hi!

JoH asenau wrote:
> -1 for CSS3 stuff, because the least common denominator supported by TYPO3
> is still IE6

This is actually an interesting question. Do we still support MSIE6 in
TYPO3 Backend?

>>    Fallback definitions have to defined during RCs as soon we can
>> destinguish between browsers
>
> -1 because you already know that you will need fallback definitions - you
> should remove any stuff that needs a fallback OR use the fallback for each
> browser instead of the so called "modern" stuff to avoid a maintenance
> nightmare

I agree with this -1 and I also want to add: do not postpone anything. It
simply does not work with our free work. If fallbacks are postponed, it
means they will never be done. We've been through this already. Either all
in the same time, or nothing. Sorry, hopes for implementing it later just
do not fulfill in TYPO3.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 expert / TYPO3 core&security teams member