[TYPO3-core] RFC #14490: New Backend design

Susanne Moog info at susannemoog.de
Thu May 27 09:00:13 CEST 2010

Hi,

On 27.05.2010 06:49, Steffen Gebert wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This is a SVN patch request.
>
> Type: Feature
>
> Bugtracker references:
> http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=14490
>
> Branches:
> trunk
>
> Problem:
> Old backend looks not nice
>
> Solution:
> Implement a *shiny* cool new one

I just had a quick look over the patch and the backend and it looks
quite good, although a lot of little things are still missing.

> Notes:
> * Uses modern techniques like CSS3 gradients, multiple backgrounds,
> data-uris, etc.
>   Fallback definitions have to defined during RCs as soon we can
> destinguish between browsers

Why use data uris, gradients and other CSS3 stuff at all when we need to
define the fallback solution for IE anyway? Especially data uris are
extremely ugly IMHO, additionally for gradients we need to use
non-standard browser specific notations (so we have to actively manage 4
CSS commands for 1 gradient [webkit, mozilla, CSS3 default, background
image for IE]). I think that's overhead that is not necessary.

Just my 2cts

susanne