[TYPO3-core] RFC#0014465: Make use of the new Sprite API throughout the TYPO3 Core Backend

Benjamin Mack benni at typo3.org
Wed May 26 23:25:55 CEST 2010

Hey,

just like Jeff, you get my preliminary +1 after testing.

As Jeff mentioned as well, I also noticed something with the "eye" icon:

It has three kinds of uses right now:

  * In the list module, it's used to preview a page or page content
  * In the list module, it's used to hide/unhide a record
  * In the user-admin menu, it's used to show up info of this record
(should be done with an "info" icon in my eyes)

The third one should clearly be fixed. For the other, it should be tak

Parts like the toolbar menu, the module menu most of the sysexts etc
still don't use the sprites, that's why you still get "old" icons, like
the "eye/magnifier" and the "star/arrow" for the shortcuts.

My understanding from Steffen was, that this is only "part1" of the
sprite API use-patch, and it's tons of boring work (I know, I cleaned up
the outdated patch from Thomas ;-)), and he'd continue working on the

Also: I'd love to have some information / additional info to the skin
API where to use what icon (in which related area do I use what kind of
icon etc), like for ext developers.

byebye from the airport :)
Benni.