[TYPO3-core] RFC: Feature #14383: Integrate hooks to backend.php to perform several customizations

Oliver Hader oliver at typo3.org
Wed May 26 13:47:00 CEST 2010

Hi Benni,

Am 22.05.10 22:44, schrieb Benjamin Mack:
> Hey Olly,
>
> personally, I like the way the executeHook is used, to have a cleaner
> code to maintain, however I have two problems with that way:
>
>  * It's hard to ship any hookConfiguration for one of these three hooks

I see. Currently there are no parameters delivered to the hook method.
I'm going to add an additional but optional parameter to the signature
of the executeHook.

protected·function·executeHook($identifier, array $hookConfiguration =
array())

>  * It's totally different than all the other places where we used hooks.
>
> So, I'd probably rather stick to "the old way" for now. What do you think?

Well, it just combines the parts the we copied and pasted all the time.
Since there is no much difference in calling such a hook method, I don't
see a reason to have these redundancies. Concerning
information/documentation I can add the names of the hooks to the
comment block.

olly
--
Oliver Hader