[TYPO3-core] RFC #13604: Bug: Concept of registering extbase BE modules causes massive php warnings with php version >= 5.3

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Wed May 26 07:27:35 CEST 2010

Hi,

> Problem:
> The extbase backend module dispatcher and extbase modules are registered
> as values of the global array $TBE_MODULES.
> Class t3lib_loadmodules expects that the values of this array are
> strings (commaseparated lists of submodules).
> The dispatcher and the extbase modules add values of the type array to
> this array, which causes massive php warnings.
>
> Solution:
> unset $TBE_MODULES['_dispatcher'] and use an special array key for the
> extbase modules, which could also be unset in t3lib_loadmodules as it is
> done with $TBE_MODULES['_PATH'].

+1 by reading if an upper case 'U' is used for "// unset" comment (uppon commit)

I tested it (with associated patch for Extbase, which should be applied with

$ patch -p2 < /path/to/extbase-be-modules.patch

from typo3/sysext/extbase

Thus +1 by testing that both Extbase and non Extbase modules still work.

However, I must admit that I do not see my backend flooded by messages either with or without patch.

If I now set this in my typo3conf/localconf.php:

error_reporting(E_ALL);
ini_set("display_errors", 1);

The backend is flooded by tons of notices not coming from Extbase at all (some examples):

Undefined index: phpTimeZone in /path/to/t3lib/config_default.php on line 411
Undefined variable: TYPO3_AJAX in /path/to/t3lib/config_default.php on line 566
Undefined index: t3lib/class.t3lib_autoload.php in /path/to/t3lib/class.t3lib_autoloader.php on line 196

Undefined index: cms
Undefined index: sv

which corresponds to such code:

## EXTENSION: cms
## FILE:      /Users/xavier/Sites/lionsbase.loc/cms/typo3/sysext/cms/ext_localconf.php

$_EXTKEY = 'cms';
$_EXTCONF = $TYPO3_CONF_VARS['EXT']['extConf'][$_EXTKEY];

Undefined index: T3_SERVICES in /path/to/t3lib/class.t3lib_extmgm.php on line 858
Undefined offset: 2 in /path/to/t3lib/class.t3lib_div.php on line 1026

Xavier Perseguers
http://xavier.perseguers.ch/en