[TYPO3-core] RFC #14461: TCEforms: Use fieldsets for palettes instead of tables

Jeff Segars jsegars at alumni.rice.edu
Tue May 25 17:00:08 CEST 2010

On 5/25/10 3:29 AM, JoH asenau wrote:
>> Also, we now get a slightly different background color on palettes and
>> left-aligned labels rather than stacked on top. The last annoyance is
>> that the help icon appears between the label and form input. I know
>> there's a lot of stuff in flux with the new skin work coming so maybe
>> these styling issues don't matter.
>
> Well - these "annoyances" have been introduced on purpose during T3UXW09.
> We discussed the styling a lot and came to the conclusion that it would be
> better to use more of the available width instead of wasting it by
> unnecessary line breaks within the containers of each field. After all this
> means less scrolling for people with high res screens and due to the
> floating of the containers still no horizonzal scrolling at all.

Makes sense. Maybe annoyances wasn't the right choice of words, but I
just didn't expect these changes in what was otherwise described as a
patch about HTML markup :)

> We agreed on having the label before the help icon before the field before
> possible wizards, since this would "answer" the questions people would have
> when first using these fields the best way.
>
> What is it? =>  Label
> What exactly does this mean? =>  Help Icon
> How can I change that? =>  Input or Textarea
> Is there something to assist me? =>  Wizard Icon

I think I agree with Oli that this doesn't make as much sense for
checkboxes, but of course that could be addresses in a followup and I'll
defer to what was decided at T3UXW09.

> But you are right regarding the missing icons for required and changed
> fields - so this should be fixed.
>
> HTH

Thanks for the clarification!