[TYPO3-core] FYI: Added feature #13868: Integrate TYPO3 donate notice in the backend

Oliver Hader oliver at typo3.org
Sat May 22 18:03:19 CEST 2010

The following changes were committed to SVN Trunk (rev. 7661)

Type: Feature

Bugtracker references:
http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=13868

Branch: Trunk

Problem:
At the Q&A of the TYPO3 Association session of the T3CON09-Frankfurt
2009 some hundred agreed to have donation notice in the TYPO3 backend to
remind users about their benefit they have with TYPO3...

Here are the facts:
* new modal window based on ExtJS
* window has the buttons "donate now", "don't show again", "remind me later"
* will be displayed after 90 days passed by since the first login of a
backend user
* will be displayed when loading the backend.php class (thus, only once)
* will be displayed when logging out and the "remind me later" button
was clicked

Solution:
A new modal window based on ExtJS will be shown in the backend offering
to jump to the donate site on typo3.org. Besides that showing the notice
again can be postponed to a later moment or can be completely cancelled.

The notice will be shown to admin users only and 90 days after the first
login to the backend (therefore the first login time is stored in the UC
of the BE_USER object). The window will appear again after 14 days if
the "remind me later" button was clicked.

This behaviour can be disabled completely by modifying
$TYPO3_CONF_VARS[BE][allowDonateWindow].

Notes:
See also the attached screenshot...

olly
--