[TYPO3-core] [TYPO3-dev] Re: RFC: #9758: Write Configuration to extTables.php

Benjamin Mack benni at typo3.org
Sat May 22 17:44:29 CEST 2010

Hey,

I feel that this feature is rather incomplete and bears a lot of
problems with it.

I just tried it the other day and an admin who starts playing with TYPO3
might set something like

$TCA['sys_action'] = '';

then the system breaks, and if display_errors is off, then the admin has
no clue.

This bears a rather critical issue that by just setting one (wrong)
thing in the BE, the site goes down.

I don't like that. Any ideas on how to overcome that? And no: Not just a
JS warning every time you click on it!

All the best,
Benni.