[TYPO3-core] RFC #14387: Remove the feature "Enable extensions without review (basic security check)" from EM

Lars Houmark lars at houmark.com
Fri May 21 09:19:46 CEST 2010

Hi Steffen,

Steffen Gebert wrote:
> although this is not the desired core review.

That's okay, all reviews count ;)

>> + // Show extensions without a review or that have passed a review,
>> but not insecure extensions
>> + $where .= ' AND reviewstate >= 0';
> Why not just leave the reviewstate out of WHERE?

Because "-1" in the database, is extensions (in the version) marked
insecure, meaning we DO NOT want to show them ;)

> Removing checkReviewState() and checkReviewStateGlobal() - are we
> allowed to do so, or do we have to deprecate them? Think they are
> internal helper functions, so I'm fine with it. But is this the
> "official" view?

Since there is no call to them through the core (try searching) I guess
someone made them but decided not to use them or removed the calls at
some point. Thinking of that, they are not much of help, and while
removing code and this feature in particular it makes sense to remove
that code also, doesn't it?

Anyways, if someone thinks they need to stay (I cannot think of any
potential extension making use of them) I am fine with bringing them
back and deprecate them, I don't want that to be a blocking for getting
this RFC in.

>> $GLOBALS['LANG']->getLL('list_or_look_up_extensions') . ':</label>
> Can't you include the ":" in the LL?

I actually chatted with Dmitry about this, and he would personally like
it the current way, so I guess him being a core dev he has more right to
decide where it is, right? :P If another core thinks the same as you, I
guess this can be changed on commit, okay?

--
Lars Houmark