[TYPO3-core] RFC #14449: Deprecate usage of im5

Steffen Gebert steffen at steffen-gebert.de
Thu May 20 22:32:32 CEST 2010

Hi,

This is a SVN patch request.

Type: Pre-Cleanup(?) / Bugfix

Bugtracker references:
http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=14449

Branches:
trunk

Problem:
TYPO3 supports ImageMagick version 5 (*), has numerous options specially
for its parameter chaos, but nobody uses it (**).
We should get rid of this messed up configuration options in 4.6 and make
sure to have an easy-to-configure and perfect working (***) image
processing

Solution:
Deprecate it

--
(*) Does it really still support IM5? Have you ever tried it?
(**) Have you ever heard of anybody using it?