[TYPO3-core] RFC #14442: Backend lacks a clean way for CSS browser conditions

JoH asenau info at cybercraft.de
Thu May 20 11:02:19 CEST 2010

> I planned to use CSS3 / data-uri for the backend restyling, resulting
> in fu***ing browser showing no background-gradients or tiny decoration
> graphics- but still being usable.
> HCI team / designer told me, that BE has to look the same everywhere.

Then we have to tell the HCI team / designer, that this simply means: Stick
to the stuff IE6 can do!
You want a gradient? - Use a background-image, since this is the only way
IE6 AND any other supported browser will show a gradient.

If this costs too much from a performance POV, get rid of a design that
depends on gradients. (I remember my former boss who used to say: When a
designer can't come up with a good idea, he starts using gradients.)

Just my 2 cents

Joey

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian
Xing: http://contact.cybercraft.de