[TYPO3-core] FYI: Fixed bug #14413: htmlArea RTE: ExtJS resources are not released in IE when RTE closes

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Wed May 19 00:58:44 CEST 2010

Hi Stan,

Stanislas Rolland schrieb:
> Hi Steffen,
>>
>> How do you measure the memory leaks, any special tools?
>>
> I simply use Windows Task Manager. It shows the current working set of
> each running task. If the working set of the browser keeps growing after
> each use of the RTE and does not stabilize, then some memory is not
> being released. Note that there may be a delay before garbage collection
> is completed.
>
> In current trunk, there is still a problem with the RTE in Opera. The
> working set keeps growing on every use of the RTE. Resources seem to be
> released only after logging out of the BE. I don't understand why.
>
> There are no such problems in Firefox, Safari or Chrome.

i just remembered that i used this tool some time ago:
http://home.wanadoo.nl/jsrosman/

The later mentioned also had this problems, but they did their homework :)

I never read something about memory leaks in opera, so this is new to
me. Also ExtJS Forum has no entry about that, sry for having no help for.

vg Steffen