[TYPO3-core] FYI: Fixed bug #14413: htmlArea RTE: ExtJS resources are not released in IE when RTE closes

Stanislas Rolland typo3 at sjbr.ca
Wed May 19 00:12:26 CEST 2010

Hi Steffen,

> How do you measure the memory leaks, any special tools?

I simply use Windows Task Manager. It shows the current working set of
each running task. If the working set of the browser keeps growing after
each use of the RTE and does not stabilize, then some memory is not
being released. Note that there may be a delay before garbage collection
is completed.

In current trunk, there is still a problem with the RTE in Opera. The
working set keeps growing on every use of the RTE. Resources seem to be
released only after logging out of the BE. I don't understand why.

There are no such problems in Firefox, Safari or Chrome.

Stan