[TYPO3-core] RFC: #14396: Warn when KEEP_FILE is set

Steffen Gebert steffen at steffen-gebert.de
Mon May 17 08:28:02 CEST 2010

Am 17.05.2010, 00:02 Uhr, schrieb Jigal van Hemert <jigal at xs4all.nl>:

>>> IMO properties (data members) should never be public. If you ever need
>>> to change the way data is stored you're stuck because the property has
>>> become part of the public API.
>> look to new patch, you can't change it, you only can renew the check.
>
> My remark was more directed to Helmut's comments. Often common sense
> gets lost in following patterns and rules ;-)
>
>> i don't put any more energy in this less important issue. So either
>> take v3 or leave it.
>
> I can imagine that. Since Steffen G. already gave his blessing for v1
> you only need a core dev's vote. But I tested also v3 and
> +2 by testing and reading.

Just want to mention that I also tested it with non-admin user and found
it good to nag the admin with the message box.
I wasn't able to overwrite the cursor somehow, otherwise I would already
have changed it.

Attached a v4 which
* changes time() to $GLOBALS['EXEC_TIME']
* adds an empty line in the stylesheets between definitions

Steffen