[TYPO3-core] RFC: #14396: Warn when KEEP_FILE is set

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Mon May 17 00:02:33 CEST 2010

Steffen Kamper wrote:
> Jigal van Hemert schrieb:
>> Helmut Hummel wrote:
(...)
>> True, it's a bit odd that the warning is visible when a tab is shown
>> which has nothing to do with the file.
> it's only for admins, so it's the right adress to nag.

hehe.

>>> * Although it works it looks strange to me that the introduced
>>> properties are protected, but are used in a not protected context
>>> ($parent->installToolFileExists)
>> IMO properties (data members) should never be public. If you ever need
>> to change the way data is stored you're stuck because the property has
>> become part of the public API.
> look to new patch, you can't change it, you only can renew the check.

My remark was more directed to Helmut's comments. Often common sense
gets lost in following patterns and rules ;-)

> i don't put any more energy in this less important issue. So either take
> v3 or leave it.

I can imagine that. Since Steffen G. already gave his blessing for v1
you only need a core dev's vote. But I tested also v3 and
+2 by testing and reading.

--
Jigal van Hemert
skype:jigal.van.hemert