[TYPO3-core] RFC #14280: Bug: simple value cannot overwrite array value in "t3lib_div::array_merge_recursive_overrule"

Christian Kuhn lolli at schwarzbu.ch
Sat May 15 12:51:27 CEST 2010

Hey,

Mikkel Ricky wrote:
> Problem:
> Only array values can overwrite array values in
> "t3lib_div::array_merge_recursive_overrule", i.e. if the first array
> contains a key with an array value and the second array contains the
> same key with a simple value then the value of the key in result will be
> the array value from the first array.

Thanks for your RFC! By reading, two things came to my mind:
- The method should be covered by unit tests, this RFC is a good
opportunity to add them.
- We need to make sure that no existing code relies on the current
behavior, otherwise we could easily introduce some bugs that might be
hard to find later on.

Regards
Christian