[TYPO3-core] RFC #14390: Provide a way to see Install Tool DB passwords in the form

Lars Houmark lars at houmark.com
Fri May 14 23:09:37 CEST 2010

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] wrote:
> Hi Lars,
>
> crazy stuff, I have started a similar patch some hours ago and amazingly
> my JS-function is also called "togglePasswordField()". What are the odds. :)

Damn! Brilliant brains think the same? ;)

I actually tried contacting you on Skype to tell you I was working on it
(I had a feeling you might also be doing at least some initial work),
but did not reach you. Please try adding me, username "houmark".

> What stopped me from publishing the patch was the fact that this kind of
> easy toggling doesn't work with Internet Explorer. You cannot change the
> .type attribute of the input field as with other browsers!

Damn. Don't you just love IE? My IE VM is not running good these days,
so I did not test this one tbh. Good excuse for getting it fixed I guess.

> You can try to clone the input field, modify the content of HTML using
> outerHTML and then replace the original one, but.. argh, I gave up after
> spending "too much" time on it (had other issues to solve...).

I will try to figure something out and post a v2 that will work in IE as
well.

--
Lars Houmark