[TYPO3-core] RFC #14390: Provide a way to see Install Tool DB passwords in the form

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Fri May 14 23:03:12 CEST 2010

Hi Lars,

crazy stuff, I have started a similar patch some hours ago and amazingly
my JS-function is also called "togglePasswordField()". What are the odds. :)

What stopped me from publishing the patch was the fact that this kind of
easy toggling doesn't work with Internet Explorer. You cannot change the
.type attribute of the input field as with other browsers!

And this is where the "hairy" part of this feature comes in, because
there is no real cross platform solution for the problem. I was hoping
prototype comes with a nifty solution but ... no.

You can try to clone the input field, modify the content of HTML using
outerHTML and then replace the original one, but.. argh, I gave up after
spending "too much" time on it (had other issues to solve...).

Maybe you find an easy solution that works in IE as well?

Cheers,
Ernesto