[TYPO3-core] RFC #14367: Install Tool does not provide a logout possibility

Helmut Hummel helmut at typo3.org
Fri May 14 23:09:30 CEST 2010

Hi Lars,

On 14.05.10 17:21, Lars Houmark wrote:

> First of all doing a formal -1 will for sure be more blocking for the
> commit.

I will do next time.

> I am more concerned about
> somebody leaving his screen thinking he was locked out, and then
> somebody else can re-use the session and gain a lot of information.

OK, this has been improved by this commit, fine.

> If the user choose to use the KEEP_FILE feature, and takes the manual
> processes with updating the file manually, even though it is strongly
> dis-encouraged, he either must have a good reason, or is in a
> development environment.

You're probably right. If someone uses the KEEP_FILE thingy in
production he f**d up anyway ;)

> Also, it's a bit late now for discussing the KEEP_FILE feature, and for
> sure it shouldn't be done within this RFC. If you have concerns with the
> feature and want it dropped, then raise it on the dev list or another
> appropriate list.

I'm somehow convinced that this feature will not have any negative
effects, so no discussion is needed any more.

But these little extra clearifications also did not harm, did they?

> And just for info. I have planned a RFC for being more naggy about
> installations having a KEEP_FILE situation, so that Flash Messages will
> be written more places with a delete option, in order for the user to
> leave the unsafe setup.

Sounds good.

Regards Helmut