[TYPO3-core] RFC #14367: Install Tool does not provide a logout possibility

Lars Houmark lars at houmark.com
Fri May 14 17:21:14 CEST 2010

Hi Helmut,

Helmut Hummel wrote:

> Well, what about my remarks?

First of all doing a formal -1 will for sure be more blocking for the
commit.

Second, I disagree completely with your concerns. The lock file will be
auto deleted after 1 hour in normal conditions, which was also why I
didn't include it in the initial patch. I am more concerned about
somebody leaving his screen thinking he was locked out, and then
somebody else can re-use the session and gain a lot of information.

If the user choose to use the KEEP_FILE feature, and takes the manual
processes with updating the file manually, even though it is strongly
dis-encouraged, he either must have a good reason, or is in a
development environment.

Also, it's a bit late now for discussing the KEEP_FILE feature, and for
sure it shouldn't be done within this RFC. If you have concerns with the
feature and want it dropped, then raise it on the dev list or another
appropriate list.

And just for info. I have planned a RFC for being more naggy about
installations having a KEEP_FILE situation, so that Flash Messages will
be written more places with a delete option, in order for the user to
leave the unsafe setup.

--
Lars Houmark