[TYPO3-core] RFC: #14375: Rewrite of the debug panel (More Features!, More Stability!, More Usability!)

Lars Houmark lars at houmark.com
Fri May 14 01:03:44 CEST 2010

Hi Stefan,

Stefan Galinski wrote:

> * The middle click event was changed to be more compatible with other
> browsers (Webkit-Browsers are supported without any glitches now)
>
> I hope the middle click changes are supporting your special mouse now too.
> :-)

It does, so here is my +1 after testing.

> Context Menu:
> I don't want to hightlight the tab that was right clicked, because it's not
> done in any browser. They are all just hightlight a tab if you hover over
> them. Some of them remove the highlight if you right click on the tab!
> Sorry, but I don't want to make a change that completely is different to the
> common behaviours. Anyway a hover state for the tabs would be fine, but this
> should be done as a separate RFC as it's related to the ExtJS skin from
> TYPO3.

Mmmmkay, but I still don't agree on not highlighting them somehow. At
least onmouseover already, instead on onrightclick, but it's not gonna
block anything for me.

But for the record, there is no different behavior in highlighting the
tab that has mouseover, just look at buttons in TYPO3. They have a hover
state :)

Thanks for your nice work! I really like this debug panel. I used it
already while doing #14387 which helped me get valuable output of
different states of the EM without having to do ugly outputting in the
window. I am sure it's gonna come to good use for a lot of devs, so
let's make sure to get some buzz about it for the 4.4 release.

--
Lars Houmark