[TYPO3-core] RFC: #14375: Rewrite of the debug panel (More Features!, More Stability!, More Usability!)

Stefan Galinski stefan.galinski at gmail.com
Thu May 13 15:34:46 CEST 2010

Lars Houmark wrote:

> Hi Stefan,
>
> Stefan Galinski wrote:
>
> In general +1 after testing, but I have some nitpicks below.
>

>>     * Middle click on a tab closes it
>
> This gives me problems in Webkit browsers (seems to work fine in Fx
> though). I'll explain (using Apple Magic Mouse):
>
> Right clicking any tab just closes it, and shows the context menu
> after-wards. Makes little sense.
>
> Also when right clicking a tab, I think it should become activated
> (changed background color at least), so you can see which one you
> potentially might close.
>
>  > * API for easy usage
>
> Remember documentation, just a friendly reminder ;)
>
> Besides that; Really nice work! I won't block this being committed in
> the current state, as it represents really nice improvements already,
> but at least it should now be noted for a later update.

Hi Lars,

Thanks for your valuable feedback! I have attached a version 2 with the
following changes:

* The order of the parameters in addTab are changed to fit the order of
t3lib_div::debug (consistency)
* The middle click event was changed to be more compatible with other
browsers (Webkit-Browsers are supported without any glitches now)

I hope the middle click changes are supporting your special mouse now too.
:-)

Context Menu:
I don't want to hightlight the tab that was right clicked, because it's not
done in any browser. They are all just hightlight a tab if you hover over
them. Some of them remove the highlight if you right click on the tab!
Sorry, but I don't want to make a change that completely is different to the
common behaviours. Anyway a hover state for the tabs would be fine, but this
should be done as a separate RFC as it's related to the ExtJS skin from
TYPO3.

Regarding the document:
I will do that just in time. Don't worry!

--
Stefan Galinski