[TYPO3-core] RFC #14185: Bug: In TCA (tt_content) the fe_groups field is not placed correctly under the Access Tab

Susanne Moog info at susannemoog.de
Thu May 6 22:47:47 CEST 2010

Hi,

On 06.05.2010 20:08, François Suter wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> 4_3 rev 7544
>
> While I agree with this patch in general (having already raised the
> issue of mainpalette in the past), it represents a change in behavior
> and I don't think that it should be applied to 4.3. Indeed the whole
> point of mainpalette is that it appears last. This makes it weird with
> tabs, because it is always in the last tab, no matter how they are
> arranged. However the advantage, in the case of tt_content, is that it
> means the fe_group field will always be shown even if one introduce a
> new type of content element via an extension. With this change, new
> content element types risk losing the display of the fe_group field on a
> minor release update.

I get what you mean and I have no problem if the change is reverted but
I really think the behavior with the tabs is a minor disaster from the
usability point of view because the fe_groups selector appears
"randomly" on different tabs though it clearly belongs to access.

> I'll let Olly decide, but if it were me I would ask for this change to
> be reverted.

Yup, let Olly decide ;)

Susanne