[TYPO3-core] RFC #14185: Bug: In TCA (tt_content) the fe_groups field is not placed correctly under the Access Tab

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Thu May 6 20:08:06 CEST 2010

Hi,

> 4_3 rev 7544

While I agree with this patch in general (having already raised the
issue of mainpalette in the past), it represents a change in behavior
and I don't think that it should be applied to 4.3. Indeed the whole
point of mainpalette is that it appears last. This makes it weird with
tabs, because it is always in the last tab, no matter how they are
arranged. However the advantage, in the case of tt_content, is that it
means the fe_group field will always be shown even if one introduce a
new type of content element via an extension. With this change, new
content element types risk losing the display of the fe_group field on a
minor release update.

I'll let Olly decide, but if it were me I would ask for this change to
be reverted.

Cheers

--

Francois Suter