[TYPO3-core] RFC #13379: Sprite Icon API

Steffen Ritter info at rs-websystems.de
Mon May 3 07:57:45 CEST 2010

Am 03.05.2010 01:59, schrieb Thomas Allmer:
> attached is a patch to improve it a little more. Do you need a separate
> Bug Tracker Entry for something like this?

I think it just could be a follow up...

+1 reading and testing so far

Some Note to:
> - there seem to be some icons which have a "wrong" name for example
> "status-user-admin" should probably be "mimetypes-x-user-admin"... where
> to discuss such things?
I also found out that there is some inconsistency in naming scheme, but
some overlays / css or single icons do not match the icons which should
be displayed the css has to be overworked a bit, we simply could clean
this up to...

 > - added "typeicon_classes" for various types; be_user, be_groups...

well, I do not really an additional config parameter, since it is not
really needed (besides the special cases in the pages table).

If we would get around about our inconsistencies you named above, and
introduce a clear namingscheme (as dann in the helper function for tca
which does not have this array set) we would not need the configuration.
It just would be "convention". I think we have to discuss this,  if we
would bother extension authors with just another tca option.

since the "mimetypes-x" is the responsible one for including the sprite,
i think it should sound mimetypes-core-, so that the generatore api
(whatever it may be) could genereate mimetypes-extkey, or as of now
tcarecords-extkey

so far

Steffen

P.S: With Benni I thought about an SpriteGenerator API which aims to
fullfill all the different "points" the (in fact for uxw team really
disappointing) discussion "Suggestions for triggering BE sprite
generation" in dev-list brought up, and deals with the gap between
current typo3 icon handling, single and configurable icons on the one
hand, and the new nice and handy sprite-icon-api.
You may have a look at project.v4 list.