[TYPO3-core] RFC #13386: Bug: mod.web_list.hideTables doesn't accept spaces

Christian Kuhn lolli at schwarzbu.ch
Fri Mar 26 13:07:12 CET 2010

Hey,

Marcel Greter wrote:
>> Generally +1 on reading and testing, but some changes in attached version:
>> - I didn't wanted to change the type of this->hideTables from string to array, this might break for people xclassing the module and bughunting in the list module is no fun ;)
>
> Do you know such a case? I do understand you but allowedNewTables and deniedNewTables are already stored as an array. So it's not very consistent to have hideTables as string and the other two as arrays (IMO).

No, but it's a potential issue we could easily circumvent. But maybe I'm
overcautious here.

>> - The if with double encapsulated ternary operator made me scratch my itch, I disentangled this and added comments, from my understanding all should work as before ...
>
> That has already been in there before ;-)

Yep, sure. No offend taken, thanks for your initiative! It's somehow a
loose core rule: If we touch parts of those hard to understand parts due
to a bug, we try to ease it in the same run.

>> - Use t3lib_div::inArray instead of in_array
>
> allowedNewTables and deniedNewTables also only use in_array and not t3lib_div::inArray in typo3/db_new.php ...

Ok, will bring it in line with those options before committing.

Regards
Christian